If you are following me you know of y love for decoupage! I love altering & creating home decor items using serviettes & papers..........................the transformation of ordinary mundane objects with decoupage is priceless.
Today's post the transformation of a MDF letter cum key holder. The color of this dinner napkin with the bird house print is so pleasing & is sure to bring cheer.
Here are the steps in brief -
- I started with a base coat of Itsy Bitsy chalk paint charcoal on the sides & lower part of the holder.
- Once dry I added crackle medium randomly on the two sides & over the bottom panel with hooks. This was followed with a coat of chalk paint - frozen ice.
- Next I tore the word 'welcome' from the tissue & decoupaged it on top for a faux a hanging plaque & the bird houses were decoupage at the bottom of the slots.
- After this I used the paint to merge the tissue with the background.
- I added some more textures to this project by dry brushing with black paint & stenciling (rolling stones) with snow chalk paint.
- Several coats of varnish with sanding in between completed this key holder.
Sharing this at -
Making Memories Crafting#4 - 30.4
Craft for the Craic - 1.5
Everybody Art Challenge#400 - 17.4
Crafty Creations#339 - 24.4
Altered Eclectics - 30.4
Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog. I love to hear from you & truly appreciate your feedback. Have a crafty day!