Monday 24 July 2017

MDF Decoupage Panel

Hello!
Decoupage is such a versatile art & if you have been following my work you know how passionate I am about this art form. Over the years I have tried a number of techniques & am always looking out for papers & patterns. Today's post is another such experiment, more about it in a bit, first let me share the wall decor panel first - 


This watercolor design I have used today is the print of an actual painting done by a talented friend Charu! She is an amazing artist, hop over to her page here! When Charu asked me whether I would like to use her painting for decoupage I was so excited! Thank you dear & hope I have done justice to your work.

Some more close ups of the panel - 


Blending the colors  to match the water color background was difficult, but I loved the result.

Along the sides & bottom are tiny cracks.

The quote is stencilled by mixing black acrylic paint & impasto.


Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog. I love to hear from you & truly appreciate your feedback. Have a crafty day!

1 comment:

  1. This is just brilliant!You took the painting to another level!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...